Friday, January 7, 2011

2010??

Got this from Cass' blog.. thought I'd do the q's too! :)

1. What did you do in 2010 that you’d never done before?
- Translate for the girls and Shawn who has limited English at PPR (Church Youth)
- Did the dispensing at the pharmacy
- heaps of other things which I cbb writing haha

2. Did you keep your New Year’s Resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
- well generally, to study hard and I think I did pretty good this year :) Especially 2nd semester
- also to be more helpful at church and to the people around me.. I hope I achieved that.. 

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Not really.. My cousin did.. 


4. Did anyone close to you die?
No..


5. What countries did you visit?
Australia haha


6. What would you like to have in 2011 that you lacked in 2010?
More confidence and to be able to be less sensitive


7. What dates from 2010 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
18th February 2010 because ;)


8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Introducing my hun to Jesus Christ :) which off course was not done by me alone, but by the works from above..

9. What was your biggest failure?
Failed to be a good friend to one of my best friends


10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Um, sort of.. Would cataracts be considered illness/injury?


11. What was the best thing someone bought you?
Their kindness, selflessness, and honesty.
Oh, wait, is this materialistic wise? Hm... Probably the dog necklace Shawn gave me but was chosen by my bro and sis lols!

12. Whose behaviour merited celebration?
- Du Vinh for his enthusiasm in serving the Lord and leading Focus
- My pharmacy friend Sarah for her kindness and helpfulness to the friends around her :)
- My grandma for her strong-will and strength in undergoing the 2nd knee replacement surgery
- Shawn for putting up with my crazy talks and numerous breakdowns during the year :)

13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and/or depressed?
There are always dissapointments when you have relationships with people. All I do is to try to forgive them for the behaviours and to think of the other numerous goodwill they've done in the past. After all, I'm not myself perfect. 



14. Where did most of your money go?
Food, drinks, and skincare :D 




15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Was going to Indo with Shawn, but my dad didn't allow him to lols..



16. What songs will always remind of 2010?
Jay Sean DOWN lols.. wait.. was that 2009?
Otherwise it would be Bruno Mars - Just the way you are



17. Compared to this time last year, are you:

a) happier or sadder?
Happier in general


b) fatter or skinnier?
haha definitely FATTER

c) richer or poorer?
Richer both financially, happiness and friendship wise :)



18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Being able to spend more time with my best friend, who somehow I never get time for because of uni and other stuff going on..



19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Studying. LOL but I have to study anyway..



20. How do you plan to spend Christmas?
That's past already.. and didn't do much.. Went to church, home, and got ready to say goodbye to bro and sis who went to exmouth the next day!



21. Did you fall in love in 2010?
Yes lol



22. How many one night stands?
None!



23. What was your favourite TV programme?
It's still The Simpsons :)


24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
Not really.. Only 1 guy lol.. but thats for a reason I don't even know why.. Should probably stop..




25. What was the best book you read?
Hm... good point.. Didn't read any lols..



26. What was your greatest musical discovery?
I can actually kinda sing! lol..



27. What did you want and get?
There are heaps! Can't remember..




28. What did you want and not get?
To be able to maintain my close friendships but it didn't really work.. 



29. What was your favourite film of this year?
Harry potter, Despicable me. Harry Potter was really good though!



30. What did you do on your birthday?
Worked hahah... Was so tired and then got woken up at 12am in a cold, windy night to blow a freezing Ice Cream cake lols! That was good still...



31. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Hm.. no idea... I think it was satisfying already..




32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2010?
Definitely dresses! They're so easy and comfy to wear :D 

33. What kept you sane?
Shawn and Shaki lol



34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Barack Obama for his ability to lead and his eloquence. He also gave hope to open the minds of a lot of Indonesians that anyone can be a big thing in the future. I especially thought about those who are less fortunate and I hope that they can be inspired to strive to be better by hardwork and determination.

35. What political issue stirred you the most?
Hmm.. I'd rather not say to the anonymous net world but you could probably guess...



36. Who do you miss?
Mr Shawn Tan who left me for singapore for 1 month!



37. Who was the best new person you met?
Hm.. not sure...



38. What was the best thing you ate?
Hm.. I'll get back to that.. ahhaha.. maybe macaroons? But I've tasted that in 2009..



39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2010?
The world can be a depressing place, where all your hopes and dreams can get crushed so easily.. There are so many issues that I worry about currently happening in the world.. But I learned that I should at least start with the people around me to bring about change. And I also learn to always look out for those people who continue to inspire me in my goals.



40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:

Jeremy Camp - There Will be a Day , which was a song that constantly encouraged me to keep going with my studies, problems, etc :)

No comments: