Saturday, January 1, 2011

You think I'm pretty without any make up on...

Heard of those lyrics? Yes, it's from Katy Perry's song called Teenage Dream.. which is a pretty good song! Isn't that an amazing thing these days? If a guy likes us girls even if we don't use make up? In a world dominated by make up and vanity, it seems that some people cannot live without it. As I saw in this reality show, which I can't remember the name of, a mum tried to tame her daughter by threatening her that she would take the daughter's make up if she didn't do what the mum wants. And so, the daughter gave in. I'm thankful that if my mum ever confiscate my make up, it wouldn't be a big deal for me.

I'm not against make up, it's actually pretty fun to apply hehe, I'm just thankful that I'm not dependant on it, I very rarely use makeup. But I do worry about the future, like I'd be sad if my daughter would feel insecure without make up because the rest of the world demands the use of it. We all need to feel confident in our own skin don't we?

I got thinking to writing this post after seeing this article: Brand tweets pic of Perry without make-up. Katy Perry's husband took a picture of her without make up, and we can see how different she looks. But she still is beautiful, but off-course in the entertainment industry and even in the eyes of a lot of people in our world, the no make up look will be frowned upon, if not mocked.

So, I'd like to encourage the girls out there, to try to be comfortable in your own skin. I've been through a phase when I had reallyyyyy bad skin because of eczema, and I couldn't put any makeup on it because it will aggravate the skin even more. But it's amazing how my crush at the time ended up liking me even at those moments. Also, Jessica Simpson had a magazine photo shoot without any make up on. I'm sure that we can all do that too right? :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow Katy Perry does look different without makeup!
I'm not totally dependant on makeup either...usually I wear eyeliner and that's it.

MOnster a.k.a monica said...

yeahh hahahah... me neither.. sometimes when i feel like it.. and i like eyeshadows cos theyre so fun to use :D colorful ones esp..
ur skin is nice though!! dont need foundation at all xD